WiFi Map Pro
App that allows free Wi-Fi access worldwide
Rather than having to hunt for a network and a password every place you go, the WiFi Map Pro app for Android is a social network of users who find and enter different WiFi networks into a database so that they can be easily accessed by anyone looking.
A Review of WiFi Map Pro
Have you ever been out shopping or to eat and your mobile device didn't have access to the Internet? This is something that is incredibly common in today's world. Even those networks that supposedly have total area coverage don't actually provide total coverage. Mobile users are constantly having to look for available WiFi networks. If this sounds like an issue you've had, then the WiFi Map Pro app from Android is only a click away. What this app is, in a nutshell, is an entire social media network full of a wide variety of WiFi connections that users find and submit. So when you're without Internet connection, all you have to do is access this app, which obviously works offline, and it will find any and all WiFi connections in your area. And you won't even have to fool around with entering a password to use these networks. Simply click on the network that you want to use, and it will automatically give you the signal you're after.
More than anything, this is a practical tool that can help you find a WiFi connection where you otherwise might not be able to. Since it is user controlled, people who download and use the app should also do their part by beefing up the database wherever they happen to find a WiFi connection that has yet to be cataloged. It's very easy to do. Simply input the connection into the server, while it's online, and it will update the database.
Pros and Cons of WiFi Map Pro
- Works offline to find connections for you
- Displays thousands of different hot spots
- Constantly updated library of connections
- No passwords or complicated procedures required
- Mostly applicable for cities, not rural areas
- Only available for Android 4.1 and up
- App doesn't unlock password protected connections
- Test your Download, Upload and Ping!
- Monitor all devices connected to your WiFi hotspot. You can evaluate security levels, detect intruders and resolve network issues.
- New filter allows to display the most recently added hotspots.
- Moved an option to display hotspots within your range under Settings.
Don't like Ads? We don't like them either :)
- Added an option to remove advertising forever! Finally!
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.